About our kits
- Our cushion / pillow kits are typically 38 x 38cms (15 x 15 inches) and are perfectly sized for adding extra luxury to a sofa or durable softness to a chair. Each kit has a different design character and offers a different level of challenge. Canyon, Tempo and the Futuras are super relaxing and are great for beginners as well experienced stitchers, whilst Makam and Kumo offer more of a challenge suitable for more experienced stitchers.
- Based on a 16th Century Elizabethan accessory, our Sweetie Pillow kits are 11.5 x 11.5cms (4.5 x 4.5 inches) and make perfect starter kits and great gifts. If you are new to needlepoint try our little Sweetie Pillows first. We have adapted designs from our cushion kits for our little kits, so you can be sure that if you enjoyed stitching your Sweetie Pillow you will love the cushion kits. A perfect quick project to make a relaxing herb pillow, pin cushion, or pillow for your sweetie…
- Our kits are made using the highest quality materials. Every cushion kit contains all the materials you will need to stitch the needlepoint design (plus a few extras just in case).
All Kits contain:
- Industry standard top quality Zweigart canvas (from Germany), with full colour printed design and colour key for you to make a shade card
- Ample quantities of 100% pure new wool, supersoft, superior quality, Anchor Tapisserie needlepoint yarn
- Two gold plated, size 18 needlepoint / tapestry needles just in case you lose one (little kits just have one needle)
- Full instructions from opening the pack to how to make up your completed kit into a cushion, with clear diagrams and links to simple video tutorials
- A full colour illustration of the final piece with a detailed image of stitching for easy reference
Additionally our little Sweetie Pillow Kits include:
- Softly textured and colour co-ordinated needlecord backing fabric
- Generous amounts of pure white pillow filler
- Sewing needle and plenty of cotton thread for finishing
- Each POMPOM Needlepoint kit contains a full-colour printed canvas. We use 12hpi (holes per inch) canvas, which allows us to add the right amount of detail to the design.Our printed canvases offer the most enjoyable and versatile needlepoint experience. All canvases are made from starched, pure white, 100% cotton and are printed in rural Devon by an artisanal needlework print specialist. We also ensure the use of environmentally friendly water-based inks for our printing.
- All our POMPOM Needlepoint Kits contain ample quantities of super soft, 100% pure new wool yarns. We use Anchor Tapisserie yarn, a professional needlepoint yarn, made by Coats. This is the highest quality yarn available and is also colourfast and mothproofed. We love this yarn because we have hundreds of beautiful shades to choose from for our designs, allowing us to bring you the very best colour ranges for your kit.
- We design our kits to be worked using Basketweave Tent Stitch, which is the highest quality stitch available. This stitch uses the most yarn, making it both softly luxurious and exceptionally hard-wearing. You are also very welcome to use Half Cross Stitch or Continental Tent Stitch if you prefer and we include instructions for both. In addition to our calculations we always add a little extra yarn in each colour, so whatever stitch you choose there should always be ample yarn for your design.